title block symbol

hi

i like to use a title block symbol linked to a record format and drop the symbol onto sheet layers. It's easy to get a list of drawings with a worksheet report this way and so keep track of things.

Revisions are easy to incorporate into the record format. I allow for 10.

What isn't clear to me is how to automatically show the latest revision code in the box in the bottom rh corner of the page where one shows the drawing no.

Netmetschek do this this in their drawing frame tool using Vectorscript trickery. Is there a simple way to add their whizz-kid facility to a simple title block and record format system such as I have outlined ?

lissom

what is it about the Nemetschek North America drawing border that stops you using that as your title block symbol?

well i've played w it a bit and it's not as simple as a record format linked to a custom made title block...the bit I can't do for myself is how to show automatically the latest revision code down in the bottom rh corner of the page where the person looking at the drawing would normally look for the drawing number and the revision...

lissom