Scaling

I know I've asked this before but have lost the reply.

If i get sent a drawing of no particular scale and the drawing has a written dimmension on it, what caluclation do i need to do to figure out the correct scale factor, so I can enlarge/reduce the drawing so the written dimmensions matchs the actual dimmension.

Example. A tree on a drawing. a written dimension reads diameter 9M. when i actual measure the tree the diameter is 7.335. Is it 9 / 7,335 = no. to scale by?

I hope this is clear.

Any ideas please help.

Example. A tree on a drawing. a written dimension reads diameter 9M. when i actual measure the tree the diameter is 7.335. Is it 9 / 7,335 = no. to scale by?

Short answer, Yes.

Pick an object or objects. Goto Modify > Scale Objects...

You must have an object selected to use the Scale Entire Drawing checkbox. Check it.

Enter 9/7.355 in the top box and press Enter. You don't even have to do the math beforehand, VW will do the division for you.

You've probably gone through Jonathan's podcast by now, but if you have to come back here, you won't have to browse any further.

Raymond