Dimension on a isometric view

The simple answer is no.

A patient and generous user has posted a tutorial for doing it over at VECTORDEPOT.COM but it's a fair bit of mucking around.

In a previous century, when I started learning "Technical Drawing" at the age of 13, drawing and dimensioning isometric objects was a fundamental procedure. It seems wierd (to me anyway) that Vectorworks can't do this elementary drafting task.

It's been asked for regularly in the past, but perhaps, as this is more an engineering/ product design type of drawing, and NNA's focus has been more towards Architecture, it's not high on their priority list(?)

N.

brvitorino

What version of VW are you using? I am getting isometric views of my object dimensions (at least in plan) in viewports in version 12.0.1.

Grant - good insight PanzerCad has some good stuff.

George - For getting vertical dimensions your vectordepot link is probably the best we have.

Everybody post to the wish list!

Clyde

Here's a simple approach for limited isometric dimensioning for the 3d XY coord. ,only (diag. req. angles trig. ) :

Dimension on a special 3D-TXT-Layer ( for Linking & Viewports overlay ) then ungroup the dims and convert the text using 1/cos35.26438968? (this angle is arctan(sqr2/2))=1.224744871 = Dim. Text scale factor.

WitnessLine angles can be changed to 30? and then all realigned.