Walkthrough via Cameras

Hello,

I have a question about moving in VWX that I cannot find an answer to online. I'm trying to simulate a shot so I can have a better design for the said shot. So imagine this:
The shot begins as a close-up with a 35mm focal length, then it zooms out and pans out at the same time. So now my camera is 50mm and further downstage. I have created these two cameras in my vwx file. What I want to do now is to be able to see as my view moves from camera1 to camera 2. (Something like changing scenes in ketchup. How when you click on a new scene you can watch as your view goes to that view.) Is there a way to do this on the software? I need a quick way to keep coming and going between the two cams to keep checking my set.

Thank you in advance for your help!

This is a quick way: set up a Saved View for the first Camera view then another Saved View for the second Camera view + set the view transition duration + motion to whatever you want to get the transition you're looking for. Then it's a case of switching between the Saved Views.

You can also do walkthrough animations but I've never done this (+ have heard quite a few complaints about it).

• Like 1

My advice: to preserve your own sanity just don't try to do walkthrough animations in vectorworks. Even going from one saved view to another is a bit of a mess in my experience. I would be interested to see what results you get if you do try to do it but if you want to end up with something that looks vaguely professional I think you should look at external applications.

• Like 4

Thank you!

My purpose for this action is to simulate the camera movement for the shot, not to get a final render. I wanted to know what a forced perspective might work for the set. But I have to admit that even that was not easily achievable...