Create Viewport from Custom 3D Views

BrynBarker

Question

Hi, 

I am having trouble taking a custom 3d view and creating a viewport from it. I zoom in on the 3d view that I would like and when I select Create Viewport and try to send it to a sheet, all I get is the WHOLE plan and NOT the custom 3d view.

I have gone to multiple tutorials, some saying that you can make these and not say how to do it and others show it but with the whole plan and not a detail of close of of areas in 3d to include on a sheet. Others on so many details but not the basic. And a lot on viewports, but none on this. I need to show a few 3d rendering of the areas that are designed. 

I did it before and now I can't do it. It's not creating one. I have a saved view. It would logically make sense to have it in "create viewport" but it's not doing it. I don't see any other options. 

If anyone has the tip for sending a 3d snapshot to the sheet layer. 

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, BrynBarker said:

Hi, 

I am having trouble taking a custom 3d view and creating a viewport from it. I zoom in on the 3d view that I would like and when I select Create Viewport and try to send it to a sheet, all I get is the WHOLE plan and NOT the custom 3d view.

I have gone to multiple tutorials, some saying that you can make these and not say how to do it and others show it but with the whole plan and not a detail of close of of areas in 3d to include on a sheet. Others on so many details but not the basic. And a lot on viewports, but none on this. I need to show a few 3d rendering of the areas that are designed. 

I did it before and now I can't do it. It's not creating one. I have a saved view. It would logically make sense to have it in "create viewport" but it's not doing it. I don't see any other options. 

If anyone has the tip for sending a 3d snapshot to the sheet layer. 

Thank you!

Once you have zoomed in to your view, hit the 'Align Working Plane with Current View' button on the View Bar...

Screenshot2024-04-24at05_55_30.png.5b4d725e05dbc68d0f7300ef2e251948.png

... then draw a Rectangle to define the VP crop. Then run Create Viewport.

Another option is to place a RW Camera in the file then hit 'Match Current View' in the OIP. Then run Create Viewport.

Or if you activate the Walkthrough Tool + navigate to the view you want you can run Create Viewport + the VP will be created from that view.

8 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Once you have zoomed in to your view, hit the 'Align Working Plane with Current View' button on the View Bar...

Screenshot2024-04-24at05_55_30.png.5b4d725e05dbc68d0f7300ef2e251948.png

... then draw a Rectangle to define the VP crop. Then run Create Viewport.

Another option is to place a RW Camera in the file then hit 'Match Current View' in the OIP. Then run Create Viewport.

Or if you activate the Walkthrough Tool + navigate to the view you want you can run Create Viewport + the VP will be created from that view.

Oh it worked, not sure if I was hitting or not. I finally completed what I carefully and could not get this. I did before so easily. Thank you for your help!!!

I am now going to set dpi on viewports to print better for pdf (smaller sizes) any tips please send my way. I have saved clip of video to edit sheet and change to 300 dpi. Any other good tips.