Equipment summary text

Hi all

Im not being able to show any text in the new 2024 Equipment Summary Key Tool. Heres what it looks like:

Screenshot2024-04-16135458.thumb.png.1d3fccfef7e4d4c62dff6619147c4417.png

It makes no difference whether I choose "equipment symbols" or "plug-in objects". Also, I have selected Arial for Title, Header & Body text.

Screenshot2024-04-16134518.thumb.png.2933e968ff7b140875d11a8b98bdce21.png

All classes are visible.

Would love to know if there is a work-around for this.

Cheers

Symo

Edited by symo
Images not showing correctly
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is s known issue and the dev team is working to fix it.
At the moment the only workaround I have figured out is to drastically increase the size of the text (300 or 400pt+).

• Like 1

Is this in a sheet layer or design layer? If you started in a sheet layer...

Delete all summary keys.

Insert a summary key in a design layer. If the text looks like line, adjust the text via the three text formatting buttons.

Once placed in the design layer and the text is visible, placing new summary keys in sheet layers should work.

Please let me know how this goes.
If this doesn't work, please share with me a file.

Thanks, Scott

• Like 2

Hi All.

Many thanks for your responses. I have increased the font size to 300pt and this has fixed it.

@Scott C. Parker I cant see the conversation you shared as I get "Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it". But Im Ok with the current work-around.

Cheers

Symo

11 hours ago, symo said:

. I have increased the font size to 300pt and this has fixed it

Did you do the delete thing and insert into a design layer process I mentioned? I'm bug hunting and if this process works, it's helpful to know.

Ran into this issue today as well, following for updates

I have a file I'm working in where I placed Equipment Summaries in a Title Block style and only had the issue when I started editing the new summaries. The Equipment Summaries imported to the sheet layers correctly but once I started editing them this issue occurred. I've attached the file I'm working on to hopefully help. 

SOWA - Heading Home Gala.vwx

Edited by tragge8
Adding Updates
3 hours ago, tragge8 said:

The Equipment Summaries imported to the sheet layers correctly but once I started editing them this issue occurred.

We are hunting a bug and this file helps. For now, I recommend placing a viewport of a summary key in your rigging design layer over the title block area. The Summary key is working as we wish in Design layers. Sorry, no; you can't place viewports inside the title block style. It'll have to sit over the title block on sheet layers for now.

2024-04-25_16-25-44.png

4 hours ago, tragge8 said:

Ran into this issue today as well, following for updates

@tragge8 What happens when you place a summary key in a new drawing? The underlaying file you're using was originally built five years ago. Not that this should cause issues, but it does on occasion. Let me know please.