It won't run VW2024 on my Mac and the system shuts down.

lumimimi

Question

After running, if load a file or create a new file

system will immediately shut down!!! with a green screen.

I can't use it at all!!! 😡

I'm using Apple M2 Ultra Mac Studio  
Sonoma 14.4.1 version.

I have reinstalled several times but the same thing happens.
This is a very critical situation. 

https://imgur.com/a/0UL0rPP

2 answers to this question

It has been reported by the german vwx forum that there are major problems with Apple´s latest update on Mac OS Sonoma 14.4 and 14.4.1

See the translated information in the german vwx forum.

https://www.vectorworksforum.eu/topic/27893-macos-144-kompatibilitätsprobleme-mit-vectorworks/

--

We would like to provide an important update regarding compatibility issues between the latest macOS versions 14.4, 14.4.1 and Vectorworks.

Vectorworks has identified significant issues with the latest macOS Sonoma 14.4 updates that are causing customers to experience unexpected slowdowns, crashes and print size discrepancies. These crashes have been observed primarily on systems with external displays and often occur after waking the computer from sleep mode.

Apple is currently addressing these issues and we expect a solution in an upcoming macOS update.

In the meantime, we strongly advise against upgrading to macOS 14.4 or macOS 14.4.1 to avoid potential disruption to your workflow. If you have already upgraded and are experiencing these issues, we recommend turning off external displays or reverting to an earlier macOS version if possible.
We are monitoring the situation and will keep our community informed of any developments as they become available.

--

you can also read about the the problems discussed in this thread

as you can read, there are problems that not only affect vectorworks as mainly all programms, even Apple´s native apps, are affected by this problems.

Edited by bjoerka