Join parallel walls

3 minutes ago, Gadzooks said:

If it's a single operation, fair play to Revit.

But you could get the same effect using wall recesses to punch a starter hole in both walls then place your door more centrally if it needs

You can do this using your first method, by applying the necessary offset to the Door. It's more the idea of being able to do it with a single object rather than two. I have no idea how Revit works in any other respect. I would just love to be able to 'bind' two parallel Walls together then insert single objects in them + wrap the components of both Walls to that object...🙂

The architects here will be far better able than I to answer this, but it there a reason (other than you do it using walls in Revit) that you need two walls? Or is what you are really trying to accomplish is just a thicker part of the wall?  If you just need part thicker take a look at Wall Features.  

Draw a wall, draw a 2D shape the intersects with the wall.  Add Surface.

Can't vouch for @Byggdesigner but parallel Walls is a common workflow for renovation projects where you represent the existing architecture with one Wall then the proposed wall lining with another. This makes it very easy to switch between the existing + proposed models in Saved Views + Viewports + means you can freely make changes to the proposed architecture without risking affecting the existing architecture.

• Like 2

In my case, we work in 99% with Paroc Sandwich elements as outer walls, as in attached image, for warehouses etc.

And only on a mezzanine plan with inner walls directly to this in the office area. 

Just because I can 🙂 I usually draw this like "a room inside a room" in Revit, where its easy to join the outer walls and place windows and doors, but still have the walls as two seperate. Testing VW out and this was the first headache 😉

IMG_5688.jpg

1 hour ago, Byggdesigner said:

In my case, we work in 99% with Paroc Sandwich elements as outer walls, as in attached image, for warehouses etc.

And only on a mezzanine plan with inner walls directly to this in the office area. 

Just because I can 🙂 I usually draw this like "a room inside a room" in Revit, where its easy to join the outer walls and place windows and doors, but still have the walls as two seperate. Testing VW out and this was the first headache 😉

IMG_5688.jpg

Might be better to have two different Wall Styles: one for the unlined walls + another for the lined walls where they occur

• Like 3