Truss drawing issue

Hi all

It's been 2 times on very short notice that for some bizar reason when I draw a truss square or another shape that is closed the truss is not snapping properly.

Don't get me wrong, it's all proper snapped but when I run it thru Braceworks it says Structural elements are not connected and when I zoom in on the error I see there is a slight mis match on the truss but it seems like a forever loop if a try to snap it all again... 

Anybody that can help me? 

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-10 om 08.12.37.png

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-04-10 om 08.12.31.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

From the second image it looks like the straight truss and the corner are not properly aligned but without seeing the file I can't say for certain if its a drawing error or a probelm witht he truss librayry used.

Can you post a file with the problem truss system in it, so I can take a look?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, jcogdell said:

From the second image it looks like the straight truss and the corner are not properly aligned but without seeing the file I can't say for certain if its a drawing error or a probelm witht he truss librayry used.

Can you post a file with the problem truss system in it, so I can take a look?

Here you go. It's indeed looking like it's not properly connected but it's a loop I got stuck in as if I fix one it appears somewhere else. 

Edited by Company Call BV
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 4/10/2024 at 2:16 AM, Company Call BV said:

slight mis match on the truss but it seems like a forever loop if a try to snap it all again... 

I played with your file and changed the number shown below to 10mm and it all worked. It's like a forgiveness setting. 🙂
Keep in mind that it can get you in trouble when two truss systems you don't want to be connected together are within the accuracy limits. 

2024-04-18_07-09-17.png