Exporting a tiled object to dwg

WhoCanDo

Question

There use to be and AutoCad help sub-section, but it disappeared.

My problem is that I have created a tile and I use it to represent a product.

If I create a 2D shape and another within, then I subtract solids and then tile it, after exporting to .dwg, the cutout does not appear (as below left).

However, if I have no fill or a pattern fill, it does work (as below middle & right).

These pictures are from AutoCad after the export to .dwg

image.thumb.png.dc8aaca5130a887163b422037ce1b595.png

3 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, WhoCanDo said:

There use to be and AutoCad help sub-section, but it disappeared.

Do you mean in this user forum, or in the Vw Help File? I could be wrong, but I do not recall ever seeing an AutoCad help sub-section on these Vw forums; it seems unlikely that Vw would have a sub-forum dedicated to a competing product.

And not to answer your question, but the cutout is still there in the ACAD tile version -- it just has not clipped the tile background as in the pattern version. It's hard to see because of the tile density. Perhaps that's what you meant. 

Is there a reason you cannot use a Hatch (instead of a Tile)? I'm pretty certain that Hatches get clipped just like Patterns in ACAD

I just tested exporting a DWG 2017 version file from Vw2023 (making sure that Export Tile Fills and Image Fills options are all selected), and viewing the DWG with the Autodesk Viewer confirms that the Tile was not clipped.

I don't disagree that should be the expected behavior, but it doesn't seem to be happening. You should probably file a Tech Support request. 

• Like 1