How to TURN OFF the 3D dragger to reposition objects?

Dubman

Question

Now when I select the "Disabled Interactive Scaling" selection mode, to move a grouped objects this 3D dragger is turning on & getting in the way of centering grouped objects. I do not see why it is turning on with "Disabled Interactive Scaling" selected. there is no reason for it. I need to see if I can remove that feature in VW Preferences. 

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

I just also found out with no object selected & selecting the "Disabled Interactive Scaling" & then double clicking on a blank area of the design layer the 3D dragger is automatically turning on. So I'm guessing the VW programmers really like this new feature & is making it the default setting for the selection tool?

After closing & re-opening VW it is now working like before, we will see how long this last.

Edited by Dubman
Update
52 minutes ago, Dubman said:

Now when I select the "Disabled Interactive Scaling" selection mode, to move a grouped objects this 3D dragger is turning on

I also realized that lately.

The last 8 years I had my Selection/Drag Tool in Mode 2 only.

I never changed that again nor did I miss something from Selection Tool that way ....

When trying to explain the Dragger to other users I played with the 3 Modes again.

(Tried and played with it but still don't get the benefits of Mode 3)

But I also wondered why, when Dragger has its own 4th Mode,

why it appears in the "lowest" 1st Mode !?

(I assume as it can, as Dragger basically prevents from using any extra Features

of Modes 2-3, but not from Mode 1 as it just does not have)

So for me it looks like that Mode 1 and 4 are basically just the same (?)

I also just realized that when cycling thru the different selection modes, which I made the "Q" keyboard key to cycle thru them, once it selects the new Transform mode, the 3D re-position mode stays on when selecting the Disabled Interactive mode. So now I have learned to select the unrestricted mode to turn the 3D re-position mode off. There needs to be a better way of turning this off. The reason I programed the "q" key to cycle thru is to reduce the number of clicks of the mouse & less hand movement.

• Like 1