I WANT MY TRANSMITTAL TO SHOW REVISIONS INSTEAD OF ISSUES !

Florane

Question

Hi All,

I read all the articles on this forum regarding this subject but couldn't find an answer to this issue.

We mainly use REVISIONS for our projects and not issues, as we do need to be able to issue sheets independently without their numbering being updated everywhere, so revisions work well for us.

We want to be able to issue a transmittal that records all the revisions, their date, as the exisiting one does with issues as per attached photo.

I tried changing the record in the worksheet, and modify it on all the different worksheets possible but it doesn't give me what I want.

Even though it seems pretty simple, I want this transmittal to show REVISIONS instead of ISSUES.

Any way I can do that easily ? 

ISSUE TRANSMITTAL.png

Edited by Florane
I forgot to hide details !

4 answers to this question

Hi ! 

Thanks for your answer, I am not sure how you did this criteria though as mine doesn't seem to show the same things  ?

When I create a criteria, I can't select 'titleblock' first, I have to go through 'type' and there is nowhere to select ' is active' either, not sure how you have done that ? 

image.thumb.png.ece60a08ab52e4814a9f61db80e90784.png

Also it is getting closer to what I want as it is showing the revisions, but not in the way I would ideally want which would look more like a column per revision for example

image.png.9dff541e1f954de28e62d569c78aed8e.png

I had managed to get this one using the issue project issue history and modifying to show the revision but it doesn't automatically update, everytime there is a new revision I need to modify it...

Any idea how to get this to work in a better way ?

Thanks so much for your insight!

So I kind of have what I want if I do an issue each time I also do a revision, it gives me a nice worksheet the way I want it.

The only problem is that the first column shows dots instead of letters, and that because of that everything is moved ... So sheet 001 should be REV B, sheet 005 Should be up to REV B as well ... it's moved them all ! Any idea why ? 

image.thumb.png.28bcc92c69f5e6d0c33398106cc58747.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
5 hours ago, Florane said:

So I kind of have what I want if I do an issue each time I also do a revision, it gives me a nice worksheet the way I want it.

The only problem is that the first column shows dots instead of letters, and that because of that everything is moved ... So sheet 001 should be REV B, sheet 005 Should be up to REV B as well ... it's moved them all ! Any idea why ? 

image.thumb.png.28bcc92c69f5e6d0c33398106cc58747.png

Hello @Florane,

The Issues are always sorted so that the newest issue comes first and then come the rest. So if you add a new issue it will shift all the rest to the right and that might be why your report is shifted.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov