Editing notes in "general notes" object: "edit" button calls up wrong note

line-weight

Question

As per the title - press "edit notes" in the OIP of a general notes object; this brings up a dialogue called "general notes".

Highlight one of the notes in the upper pane of that and press "edit" button below. This frequently brings up the text and description of some other note from the one you highlighted. Fairly sure that's not supposed to happen. It's quite dangerous as it provides a way to over-write an existing note without realising.

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, jblock said:

@line-weightI am not able to replicate this in any of my files. Can you send me an example file with the Notes where this is happening so I can investigate further?

I've just sent you a PM with a file.

As mentioned in that message - I wonder if this behaviour is caused by several notes having the same "description".

@jblock did you get a chance to look at this?

In the meantime I've been finding another problem:

1. edit a general notes object

2. click on "notes manager" in the general object dialogue

3. in notes manager add a new note, description "A" within chosen database

4. click ok and go back to GN dialogue.

5. add that note "A" to the GN object.

6. go back to notes manager

7. edit the newly created note, changing its description from "A" to "B"

8. back to the GN dialogue and click OK

What I expect now to happen,  is that the note with description "A" in my general notes object, which was linked to the database, should change so that its description is now "B". But that's not what seems to happen, instead the GN object still has a note with description "A" but it is unlinked from the database. To get the edited version, the version now with description "B" into my general notes object I have to go and re-add it from the database.

Maybe I am doing something wrong here but this has been causing me a lot of confusion.