VW 2024 Slow Elevation Updates / Unusable

maxstk

Question

Hi, 

I'm running the latest VW with the most recent update on capable hardware and even still, updating exterior elevations is basically unusable. 

Even when switching my render style to hidden line rather than a rendered elevation takes hours or fails. I understand my project has complex custom wall geometry and lots of complicated site geometry, but this is essentially broken. 

I am trying to just create simple 2D elevations and annotate colors / shadows on top and I am unable to update my elevations and I'm unable to plot them locally or on the cloud. 

How can I fix this? Other than moving to Revit, what are my options? 

I love that VW is constantly updating and adding features, but the fundamentals feel broken when working on large projects. 

3 answers to this question

Hi Pat,

The file size is 461 MB

PC:
Windows 11
Processor    AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor               3.40 GHz
Installed RAM    64.0 GB

Is the GPU set within Vectorworks or within (in my case) the NVIDIA control panel? If the external control panel, should I be looking for something specific? 

Just FYI, Vectorworks Cloud has been trying to plot 5 sheets (3 sheets have elevations, 2 have PNG renders) for over 4 and a half hours and is stalled on the 1st elevation sheet.

If Cloud is having trouble with the file also, it sounds as if there may be a problem with the file.

I recommend that you get in contact with Tech Support directly and get them a copy of the file to see if they can find what is causing the problem.

Good luck.  What you are experiencing is not normal and you should take the time to get it cleared up.