Images and video screens

I have, like most problems, tried to solve this myself. Why won't this VW let me put this image into the video screen. I have imported the resource exactly as the manual says. Ha! I think. But it does not show up in the folder when I try to use it!  Thank you, Iain

Screenshot2024-03-08at14_41_41.png.daa10e00f046351d03f379771c700d49.png

Screenshot2024-03-08at14_41_27.png.fc3448058e019d54417ab261cf726946.png

Screenshot2024-03-08at14_38_20.thumb.png.cfd13fc1a681083c9f78a688be77d1ba.png

Screenshot2024-03-08at12_23_31.thumb.png.afddcaaed37358c1d3b2dd241f1a6183.png

@Kevin Allen @JustinVH I tried that. It cannot be this difficult to add an image to a video screen. In gave up trying to an an image. I followed the instructions to the letter. So I tried adding it as a texture and now I can't resize it. Ridiculous. I have altered the pixel size, the scale. Wasted three hours trying to solve this, just put it into Light Converse. Popped right in. Don't understand this at all. Screenshot2024-03-08at16_58_40.thumb.png.e673370221d44e5eb48bd940181d506b.png

21 hours ago, Iainy1961 said:

@Kevin Allen @JustinVH I tried that. It cannot be this difficult to add an image to a video screen. In gave up trying to an an image. I followed the instructions to the letter. So I tried adding it as a texture and now I can't resize it. Ridiculous. I have altered the pixel size, the scale. Wasted three hours trying to solve this, just put it into Light Converse. Popped right in. Don't understand this at all. 

It has to be a texture. The image fill is only or 2D objects, as far as I know. If it is one screen shouldn't be a  problem, that's part of why I start with existing stock content. I will size the texrture in photoshop ahead of time if required.

If you're using multiple screen objects, then you willed the Landru Design version of the PIO and the Video Tile Command.

Typically you select a 3D object and can assign a texture in different ways, In this case you have to use the OIP and the 3D Options button

• Like 2

Video images are via textures. Add an image to the “color shader”. Apparently the plug automatically adds a glow attribute to any texture that’s used for video, but I always do that myself so I can adjust the overall brightness. I typically start at 125% and then look at results. 

as far as mapping is concerned, the plug in will default to scaling the image to the overall width, you can adjust scaling and position from there. Keep in mind, it will NOT asymmetrically scale. In your case, you have a wide format image, wider than 16:9 for instance. Ideally you would want either an image that is proportionally correct for your output screen ratio, just like you will have for actual event content. Alternately, you need a screen image that can scale up and not lose any important visual content. 

in your case, a really quick fix would be to import that image into your drawing, then create a square the same width of the image, center it on your image and move it to the back. The square should be made the same color as the existing background. (In the color attribute pallets use “custom color” and you will find an eye dropper that can sample the color you need for fill). Take a screen shot of the square.  Now replace the color shader of your existing screen graphic and your black background will fill the top and bottom of the screen. Sounds like a lot to do, but should only take a minute. 

Edited by scottmoore
  • Like 1