Rotating Hybrid Symbols in 3D

47 minutes ago, Neves+Creative Inc. said:

Can you rotate hybrid symbols in 3D?

No.

49 minutes ago, Neves+Creative Inc. said:

Can you quickly turn Hybrid symbols into 3d symbols?

As far as I know the only way is to delete the 2D components via the Component Edit interface, which is not very quick, especially if you have lots of 2D components... Or Command-K in a 3D view + create a new symbol...? I wonder if there is a way of doing it by script if you have hundreds of symbols to convert?

• Like 2

Oh god.... Sorry for this expression, but, this topic is really something super strange for me.

I have a stage design that I made with an inclined LED screen.

Screenshot_21.png.acad42a9e674058710311d506246a3ca.png

However, at this moment I needed to change the inclination of some LED Walls, and this warning appears that hybrid models cannot be run except in the working plan.

The point is that I initially didn't have any problems when tilting these panels.

Can anyone or a tutorial explain to me how this tool really works or how I can tilt this type of object?

Project file on attached files

LED Screen.vwx

Yeah, I had the same issue trying to slightly rotate a 3d vehicle in elevation view….so it was slightly inclined and parallel to the angle of the street….no luck unless I converted the symbol to a group, then I could rotate it , but you do lose the 2d part of the symbol in plan view.  Never found a way around it

• Like 2

In those circumstances I have duplicated the vehicle symbol then rotated the 3D component to match the incline of the terrain. This way the Top component is retained (+ unless you're parked on a cliff face unlikely to need editing 🙂). But not something you'd want to be doing for hundreds of vehicles...

• Like 1