U-Torm Hoist Attachments

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Luke, The issue is the symbol. For some reason, it was built vertically instead of horizontally. While I don't know when Global Truss might make an updated symbol, here's a video showing how to make the changes needed for this top bar. I've also attached the file in which I made the changes. You'll need to do the edits to the other symbols as well.

U-Torm Test.vwx

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Cheers,

Thanks so much for the detailed walk-through, though now each section only wants to join side by side, is there a fix for this other than @jcogdell's? Would prefer to keep it simple stupid and just edit all of them so that they are all vertical.

Edited by Luke Wyn-Harris
Extra question
On 3/12/2024 at 6:58 PM, Luke Wyn-Harris said:

just edit all of them so that they are all vertical.

You can edit the symbol and it should update all the copies. You might need to exchange them though. It's the same process as I showed in the video when I edited the top bar.

Yes the main difference is you need to define the hanging bar as a T-corner in the Truss properties dialogue (accessed from the right click context menu) and then add the magnet locations using the XYZ fields.

• 5 weeks later...

So, I followed the video above, which was very helpful, but I still have some issues. 
1. The top part and the ladder will connect correctly, but they will not join to be the same system object.
2. I can't do Insert drop between a regular truss and the top or the ladder 

Any help will be appreciated