VW2024 - DMX Patch - Universe and Adress vs Universe/Adress - This is a bug?

On VW2024, after using the DMX Patch tool, I realised the attribute Universe is correct, Adress are correct too, but the attribute Universe/DMX are wrong.
Example:
Universe: 1
Adress: 31

Universe/Adress: 100/0041

After that, I opened the VW2023 I made the same process and realised that the attribute Universe/DMX are correct.

VW2023

image.thumb.png.3f82b5ac9a26bcbd7f2582b90317707e.png

VW2024

image.png.3eb2eaa3f48a7f461ce402b37d6675fc.png

This is a bug?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Fix.vwxStill not sure what the problem is.

The Universe/Address parameter in Spotlight Settings 'Default' Value had some spaces in it. A refresh Instruments corrected the issue.

If this happens again, contact tech support.

I am not sure what has happened to your file.

Its possible someone has edited the default parameters in the Spotlight Settings, Did you start from a template file?

I wouldn’t worry too much, if it happens again in a new blank file then let us know.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TomWhiteLight said:

I am not sure what has happened to your file.

Its possible someone has edited the default parameters in the Spotlight Settings, Did you start from a template file?

I wouldn’t worry too much, if it happens again in a new blank file then let us know.

On a new file, this didn't happen.
However, I need to Fix this current file because this is a file shared for all teams 😕
Is it possible fix it?

1 hour ago, Cristiano Alves said:

However, I need to Fix this current file because this is a file shared for all teams

Was this file built recently? Or, is it possible the original file was built in a prior version of VW?
Either way, what happens if you import the layers from your file into a new blank file? This sometimes cleans out old issues. If it works, you would then share the refreshed file with your team.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Scott C. Parker said:

Was this file built recently? Or, is it possible the original file was built in a prior version of VW?
Either way, what happens if you import the layers from your file into a new blank file? This sometimes cleans out old issues. If it works, you would then share the refreshed file with your team.

Now that you've asked that question, I think this file was an "initial settings file" that I created in VW2023. I opened this file (created in version 2023) with VW2024 and started this project.

If I copy some fixtures from this file to a blank file, the addresses and universes are correct.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Good morning

Sorry to insist, but is there any way to fix my file? I have the documentation to send, and I've been going around in circles without success.
@TomWhiteLight Where did you go to correct the file you sent back?
I try to check the Spotlight Settings and didn't find the "spaces" on Universe/Adress.

Can you help me step by step on how to do it?

Much appreciated.

image.png.16ca0adce8cb15b0eb2667b3f24b7d42.png

Edited by Cristiano Alves

Hi Christiano,

Have you tried contacting tech support? They should be able to jump on a call with you.

The settings in your screenshot look correct.

Try the reset plugins command in the Tools Utilities menu.

14 hours ago, TomWhiteLight said:

Hi Christiano,

Have you tried contacting tech support? They should be able to jump on a call with you.

The settings in your screenshot look correct.

Try the reset plugins command in the Tools Utilities menu.

SOLVED, The Universe, and magically Universe/Adress are correct 😅