Viewports / Rendering

Viewports / Render

Every time I attempt renders, I encounter an issue with their quality, especially when dealing with 3D models of spaces, particularly pavilions.

The colors always appear dark and washed out.
Renderworks Style-Realistic Interior Fast

image.png.b1a49021b9466114b10312e518cfe87b.png

From the videos I've watched on VW University, the objective seems to be adding lighting.

I've already added several light sources, using "Visualization -> Light -> Directional Light Mode," and increased luminous emissions, but it makes little difference; everything remains dark.

image.png.af823111ecb79e80fdca16fefc5fba42.png

The best scenario I achieve is in "Shaded Mode," but even then, the screens are all distorted.
Shaded Mode
image.png.b30ff31dffcb290baa19e02cb0516065.png

image.png.a431e691d4c883e41443a3926fdab8a4.png

Can you please help me?

21 hours ago, Cristiano Alves said:

Viewports / Render

Every time I attempt renders, I encounter an issue with their quality, especially when dealing with 3D models of spaces, particularly pavilions.

The colors always appear dark and washed out.

image.png.b1a49021b9466114b10312e518cfe87b.png

From the videos I've watched on VW University, the objective seems to be adding lighting.

I've already added several light sources, using "Visualization -> Light -> Directional Light Mode," and increased luminous emissions, but it makes little difference; everything remains dark.

image.png.af823111ecb79e80fdca16fefc5fba42.png

The best scenario I achieve is in "Shaded Mode," but even then, the screens are all distorted.
Shaded Mode
image.png.b30ff31dffcb290baa19e02cb0516065.png

image.png.a431e691d4c883e41443a3926fdab8a4.png

Can you please help me?

Counterintuitively, if you have no lighting it will often look reasonable. I am sure I will not say this right, but once you add any of your own lighting it is  almost like the default global light is shut off so it will not overpower your light unless you add something back in manually. Might this be part of what you are experiencing?

Also it appears that you are making video screens maybe?  Have you tried applying a texture to them that includes the glow shader?  

Edited by jmcewen
  • Like 1

Uploading a file would help a lot.

It's true, adding lights turns off the Global light (Put your lights in a Class and make the class Hidden to see the global light again)

Are your directional lights pointing at your scene in 3D?

What are the Lighting Settings for the viewport?

What are the Viewport Render settings?

• Like 1
On 2/22/2024 at 1:02 AM, jmcewen said:

Counterintuitively, if you have no lighting it will often look reasonable. I am sure I will not say this right, but once you add any of your own lighting it is  almost like the default global light is shut off so it will not overpower your light unless you add something back in manually. Might this be part of what you are experiencing?

I have lights on my project but all of them are "turned off".

On 2/22/2024 at 1:02 AM, jmcewen said:

Also it appears that you are making video screens maybe?  Have you tried applying a texture to them that includes the glow shader?  

I had really good results with the video led wall objects with this tip. (with preset of Renderworks Style-Realistic Interior Fast)
Thank you so much.

However, the best results I obtain as a render of the entire 3D environment in terms of lighting are achieved by using the Shaded Mode.

But the issue with the screens persists.

Shaded

The detail and colours of the fixtures are good for the render.
LED WALL screens have a bad render.
image.png.6e388f44e0897656ae6bdfd607c9b2fe.png

With preset of Renderworks Style-Realistic Interior Fast
With glow at the textures of screens

The detail and colours of the fixtures aren't good for the render.
LED WALL screens are a good render.
image.png.574e10b03cb84751822abe68d337d2ac.png

On 2/22/2024 at 8:37 AM, line-weight said:

Have you made sure that the lights you've created are "on" and are on a layer that's visible?

Yes, I had, but anyway, I went to check. And yes, they are active, and the layers and classes are active in the viewport.

On 2/25/2024 at 7:59 PM, BartHays said:

Uploading a file would help a lot.

It's true, adding lights turns off the Global light (Put your lights in a Class and make the class Hidden to see the global light again)

Are your directional lights pointing at your scene in 3D?

What are the Lighting Settings for the viewport?

What are the Viewport Render settings?

I understand and appreciate the help, but for now, I cannot share a file as I do not have authorization from the client. I will try to replicate it with another design to chare here.

Nevertheless, the settings I'm using are Renderworks Style - Realistic Interior Fast.

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

I figured out the problem with LED Screens.
The problem was the LED Bodies and the LED Modules in Z-fighting (same plane).

I imported my stage made in Vectorworks into another software and the same problem with the stains happened too.

image.png.6616417138ff183f973e7b015dd9d585.png

So in debate with other users , I realized that if I moved the frontal plane 1mm away from the cabins (modules) the problem would stop happening.

So in Vectorworks, I went to the LED Screen classes, and tried the various options. Since it is not possible to add a 1mm offset of the frontal plane, I hid the LED bodies and the Z-fighting effect stopped occurring, which means that the problem is really the frontal plane will be coplanar with the frontal plane.

How can we solve this?