Wall Lines Missing

There is definitely something wrong with your file, but I have not been able to identify it.  I was hoping one of our other dedicated troubleshooters would have noticed this thread and taken a look.

TL:DR - Walls in the same class and same style (single component with solid lines) have different appearances with some walls not showing the wall lines.  When the layer is copied and pasted into a different file all of the walls show correctly.

3 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

There is definitely something wrong with your file, but I have not been able to identify it.  I was hoping one of our other dedicated troubleshooters would have noticed this thread and taken a look.

TL:DR - Walls in the same class and same style (single component with solid lines) have different appearances with some walls not showing the wall lines.  When the layer is copied and pasted into a different file all of the walls show correctly.

as a quick work around i drew the lines manually as had to get something done quick.. although if anyone can chime in please do!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There definitely seems to be something odd going on in the file.  However, the following did seem to fix the issue:  I noticed you have two window or door inserts stacked on each other in the wall (one being demoed and one new).

Try this:

1. Select the inserts in the problem walls.
  2. Right click on one and choose the "Plug-in Object Options" context menu command.
  3. In the "Plug-in Object Options" deselect "Use wall closure" and click OK.

I don't think you have a need for closures in the problem walls because (I believe) they all have just one component.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

• Like 1