Seeking Guidance on Worksheet Analysis for Area-Based Presentations

Hello

As I usually do, I enjoy reading the Vectorworks blog because often I come across use cases that I can incorporate into my workflow, and this time was no different.

I found this, which I have attached in a screenshot.
image.thumb.png.f6068a4c7e3a7290a0b5b5a5631ed919.png

However, even after attending two University webinars on Worksheets, I haven't been able to understand how to create that presentation by area and even analyze the value of each area by the amount paid for each ticket.
Curiously, I made a post about something similar (How I can analyze areas and attendees at an event). However, I'm understanding that my approach might not have been quite right as I didn't receive any responses.

Where can I find information on this?
Or some explanation that would allow me to explore until I achieve the expected result?

If you give the color polygons Names at the bottom of the OIP, then you can use each of those polygons as a Location and use the LOC criteria in the database to limit the items returned in a database row of a worksheet to just the items in the specified location(s).

Name your locations. From the webinar sample file I would assume names like Zone 1, Zone 2 Left, Zone 2 Right, etc.

Place seat symbols in each location as appropriate.

In a worksheet create a database header row with a criteria like:  Symbol is 'Seat'  AND LOC Is Zone 1. [Require ALL criteria in this section] This should give you a subrow for each seat. Add header row formulas of =Count, the price per seat, and (assuming the database is Row 3) a formula of =A3 * B3. This should give you the price for each seat and the total summed in the database header row.  Turn on Summarization in the =Count column and you will get a single subrow showing the number of seats, the price per seat, and the total value.

Repeat the above for each seating section.

If you don't want each section separately, you can add an OR to combine multiple sections.  Something like:

Require ALL
	Symbol is Seat
	Require ANY
		LOC Is Zone 2 Left
		Loc is Zone 2 Right

If you have different prices for different seats you can either make more locations or you can attach a record to the seat symbols and then enter the price for each seat separately.  If you change the price column to pull the data from the record and summarize on that column as well instead of the Count column you will end up with a subrow for each prince and the count and total for seats at that price.

HTH.  Ask again if I was not clear enough.

• Like 1
On 2/12/2024 at 7:56 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Place seat symbols in each location as appropriate.

Thank you very much for your help.

In my case, I don't have seats, I need to consider the area and calculate the people for each zone (3pax per square meter).

Could we use different polygons and create a custom Record such as: Capacity = Area * 3 (3 people per square meter)

And then use this variable, "capacity," to calculate the profit in the spreadsheet for X, Y, and Z zones?

You don't even need a custom record.

As long as you can identify the areas you want to calculate for, just us a formula of =Area in one column or even =Area*3 and then multiple that times the column that you have the price in.

If you have problems, please post a file with your worksheet (and some sample data). It will be easier to tell you what needs to be changed working on your actual worksheet rather than by guessing and making assumptions on what columns hold what data.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/16/2024 at 6:03 PM, Pat Stanford said:

You don't even need a custom record.

As long as you can identify the areas you want to calculate for, just us a formula of =Area in one column or even =Area*3 and then multiple that times the column that you have the price in.

If you have problems, please post a file with your worksheet (and some sample data). It will be easier to tell you what needs to be changed working on your actual worksheet rather than by guessing and making assumptions on what columns hold what data.

Hello  @Pat Stanford thank you a lot for try helping me.

I tried to create a report following your advice. However, the report is empty.

The steps I took were:

1. Naming the polygons

2. Create report and added an advanced criteria by Location is within "Polygon Name"
    image.png.f2df9eb556e24b7630a82d0e41c31745.png

3. And then added a column to have the names of the polygons. (I couldn't find the area value to add here in the columns)
    image.png.178985072057572f973445d056d53d60.png

4. However, the report was created empty. I tried other approaches, but it never worked the same way.

image.thumb.png.c8f78b18632c87f361b2ee6d83bca015.png

I would really like to understand a bit more about creating reports, but it's not actually proving to be easy.

Thank you in advance for your help.

POis

On 2/12/2024 at 7:56 PM, Pat Stanford said:

(...)From the webinar sample file (...)

I really tried to find this webinar in the University, but I never caught it. Do you know which one it is? I'd like to watch it.

Edited by Cristiano Alves

@Cristiano Alves

Double check your criteria.  

Line 1 says ALL criteria in this set.

Then there are two criteria indented in.

.    Location is within Area Plateia 1

.    Location is within Area Golden Circle

If an object doesn't meet the criteria then it doesn't get to be in your database!

The way you have it specified only objects that are in both of the areas will be included in the database.

Change line 1 in the criteria to read ANY criteria in this set.

Now the database will include any object that is in area 1 OR area 2.

If you look at the bottom of the criteria dialog box you will see the number of objects that meet the criteria.  This is a great way of double checking your work as you add and remove criteria.