Gobo Report

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to create a gobo report. Ideally with the following fields.

Manufacturer, Gobo Number, Fixture Type, Count.

Is this possible? 

I have tried the summary key tool, with gobo list turned on, it is not displaying the gobos.

They are definitely "fitted" to the fixture as they render out and the label legend shows the gobo type.

Any help would be great.

A. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello,

You can do a quick custom worksheet as per below and enclosed? It's the best I can do.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 5.14.46 pm.png

Gobo count.vwx

You might be able to add your own additional record to the instruments that have the gobos. This then adds parameters for the Lighting Device in the OIP to then be pulled out in a report. From this help Page:

Additional Default Records

Opens the Additional Default Records dialog box, to select additional records with default data for lighting devices.

Only applicable records display. Select one or more record formats from those present in the file; a check mark in the Use column indicates that the default data in the record will be included. At insertion or replacement, the lighting device processes the additional record. If a match is found for a record field name, the default data from the record attached to the symbol applies to that field and displays in the Object Info palette.

Cheers,

Peter

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 2/3/2024 at 2:59 AM, AaronRuss said:

I have tried the summary key tool, with gobo list turned on, it is not displaying the gobos.

Hi Aaron,
You'll need to add the Gobo summary line item to your build list for the gobos to display.
We're working on having the list of gobos collapse and show the counts instead of having the whole list. 
Snag_23f41f10.png