Squaring off a Site Model

Hi

I have created a Site Model based on contours imported from AutoCAD and it has worked fine.

However, because of the lack of contours at the corners, (it's a fairly non-descript site in terms of levels), the site model has missing corners which I would like to add, effectively making the whole thing rectangular. This is mainly for presentation reasons.

So, what would be the best way of adding this additional 'site' to the Site Model? Effectively I want to add a rectangular boundary so when the site model generates in creates a Rectangular piece of land.

Kind regards

Mike

26 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Go into 'Recreate From Source Data' + add extra points to extend the site model then go into 'Edit Site Model Crop' to draw a nice rectangle around it.

Thank you Tom

That worked ok.

One last question is why when I generate terrain it appears miles from where the Contours were and not in the same place? I' assuming it has something to do with Geo referencing, but how do I stop it happening?

Mike

1 minute ago, Michael Siggers said:

One last question is why when I generate terrain it appears miles from where the Contours were and not in the same place? I' assuming it has something to do with Geo referencing, but how do I stop it happening?

When you run the Site Model From Source Data command you just need to make sure you do it in a Top/Plan view + not a 3D view.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tom W. said:

When you run the Site Model From Source Data command you just need to make sure you do it in a Top/Plan view + not a 3D view.

Beautiful!!!!!!!

Searched high and low for an answer an even on the instructional videos I could not see that they mentioned this.

Thank you.

Mike