Hidden line errors in rendering EAPs in section viewport

line-weight

Question

I am getting errors in the "beyond cut plane" part of section viewports where the geometry is rendered in hidden line.

Specifically, on extrude-along-path objects where the profile is circular. This varies according to the "3d conversion resolution" that is set for the viewport.

To see exactly what's happening in the sheet layer of the attached file, you might need to turn off "zoom line thickness". Have a close look at the various portions I've circled in pink.

Screenshot2024-02-01at09_40_46.jpg.bba0c032fa5297d10c7d4126e499704b.jpgScreenshot2024-02-01at09_40_57.jpg.ea0966335f90a0107b96017ee2dde245.jpg

3dconv.vwx

2 answers to this question

That's a shame. I tried various things but nothing had any effect. What is your 3D Conversion Resolution in the VW Prefs set to out of interest? Or rather, what was it set to when you created the objects? I have mine set to Very High + I tried recreating the EAP + this resulted in the longitudinal lines only on one side in the VP rather than both so an improvement of sorts but hard to say whether this was a direct consequence or due to something else...