Sheet scale update

I don't use a scale in the TBB but I believe the Scale field should automatically be the same as the DL scale or the scale of the first VP on the sheet. How does it work for you?

I have the scale in the VPs as I generally have multiple VPs per A1 sheet + often at different scales...

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @LeeElston

I don't think that is possible at the moment. As far as I know, the scale button is taking the scale from the first created viewport on the sheet and that needs to be updated manually. 

I think the best way to proceed here would be to use the Title Block Manager tool. That is under File - Title Block Manager.

With this tool you can select all Title Blocks and amend them through there. Open the Title Block Manager tool. A message will ask if you would like to use multiple files to amend or the active file only. Please choose Load Active File Only and another window will open. There you can select Sheets To Use and apply sheet data updates to all of them with a single click. 

• Like 2

This is something that should be updated when the drawing set is published. Other softwares manage this - at the moment it's just another thing to forget when under pressure. At the very least it should be significantly easier than the process to update them all as noted above.

Edited by Ross Harris