Opening a floating view pane crashing VW every time.

Bryden Scott

Question

Hi folks! 

Wondering if anyone has run into this issue lately? I go to open a floating view pane, and VW has been crashing every time. A few weeks ago it depended on which pane I selected but now it seems to affect all panes and just the action of trying to open a floating view pane crashes VW. Any help is much appreciated as I like the floating pane in my secondary monitor to keep an eye on the plans. 

Specs: VW Architect 2023, SP8 

Mac Studio 2022, M1 Max Chip, 32GB Memory, Ventura 13.3.1 (a)

Thank you!

5 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Hi @JuanP

Thanks for the reply as well! I disconnected two of the monitors and there was no crashing issue. I'm currently running 3 monitors, a Samsung 34" S34CG50 (primary), a Viewsonic 24" VA2456 (secondary, would like to use this a real estate for reviewing plans via floating pane), and a Bimawen 17.3 inch 2K Portable Monitor (3rd for layers, classes, tools, resource manager, etc.). 

I tried opening a floating pane with just the Samsung on and it was fine. I tried a pane with both the Samsung and the Bimawen and it was fine. It was only when plugging in the 3rd Viewsonic that it crashed. 

Could this be an M1 issue? Before this I had issues of violent screen flickering with a floating view pane while running two BenQ monitors. 

Thanks,

Bry

Edited by Bryden Scott

Hi @JuanP,

To add, I just tried opening a floating view pane with the VW main window on the Viewsonic and it seems to have worked. The floating pane has always been a bit glitchy but I can't imagine what you and the team go through with all the variations of setups. For now I'll use this workaround until it doesn't work or can be fixed.

Thank you and @Josh Loy for the help.