Wall with mirror

Hello.

The architecture mode is not the mode where I have the most practice time in Vectorworks.

That way sometimes I can't easily find some information. This time I can't find how I can apply a mirror to a wall by then applying a junction to the walls created by the mirror tool with the existing walls in the project.

As you can see in the picture, I have the wall I created on top.

Then it says mirror to create the bottom wall.

However, the bottom walls do not join the other walls of the project.

They are all in the same class and layer.

I've already tried to join, and it didn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.87469a867e975006a0c8b69fac92a731.png

Edited by Cristiano Alves

It is not entirely clear what you are trying to do based on your written description. It might be more helpful to directly annotate the floor plan image with what you are trying to do.

1) Are you saying that the Walls that you mirrored do not automatically join to the other Walls already in place?
2) Are you then saying that you tried using the Wall Join tool after mirroring, but you cannot join the Walls?

If so, drag the end of one of the mirrored Walls away from the Walls and try the Wall Join tool again. Sometimes I have better luck with Wall Joins when using this approach. 

Also make sure you are using the the ‘Uncapped Join’ mode, not the ‘Capped Join’ mode.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rDesign said:

1) Are you saying that the Walls that you mirrored do not automatically join to the other Walls already in place?
2) Are you then saying that you tried using the Wall Join tool after mirroring, but you cannot join the Walls?

Yes.

image.thumb.png.eb8c0da0886342d460175b784af8ae17.png

7 hours ago, rDesign said:

In fact, I tried to use the normal "Join tool".
After reading your comment, I tried the "Wall Join Tool" and it works perfectly

• Like 1