Vectorworks 2024 Changes

Hi there,

Desperately trying to keep my cool just now, as I've had to make amendments to drawings I did in 2022 and 2023 using the latest version. 

In making those changes, sooo many things seem to be going completely wrong.  Everything from wall endcaps resizing, to walls ignoring roofs when I reshape it.

I can't figure out if I just did it wrong in the earlier versions, but somehow it worked, or if my drawings are just screwed?

Example below - The wall used to go out to the 1305 dimension, but in reshaping the roof, they've almost "reversed"?  It's left an orange box.

image.png.a60da30da1b6cb7d2cbc51fb3232174c.png

Roof before reshaping

image.png.7b10ac5edad36d901228e593306e9b61.png

Roof after reshaping

image.png.55d714692f3172e2a21cce40188c5f42.png

Completely regretting the switch over to 2024 as it stands. 

1 hour ago, JMLStevenYoung said:

Example below - The wall used to go out to the 1305 dimension, but in reshaping the roof, they've almost "reversed"?  It's left an orange box.

For the Wall End Cap one, I would guess that updating the file to 2024 did something to the Wall End Cap preferences.

Check the Wall End Cap preferences to confirm if it it set to create wall caps inside or outside the wall endpoint; this is also controlled by the Extend Cap Past Wall Endpoint option on the Object Info palette.

As far as Walls not being cut by Roof objects properly in Vw 2024, below is a link to a long thread discussing a ‘regression’ bug that still exists in Vw2024 SP2. I don’t know if it has been fixed yet.

I sympathize with your frustration. Updating any Vw file to the current version should not break things — as unfortunately, frequently does happen.

Edited by rDesign

Typically we've saved a number of our drawings as 2024 before we realised the issue.  We can in theory revert back, it just means we lose a bit of work.

I was hoping the next service pack would fix the issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case sadly.

Does anyone have any idea on how this is being fixed and what the timescale is?