Title Block - Multiple data in same linked field

sinukai

Question

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, I did try to do my due diligence and look around; I either couldn't find it or didn't name the issue correctly.

In my Title Block, I'm linking both project and sheet data. Most fields are working correctly however I have two (Room Details and Scale) that are misbehaving. I set everything up the same so am at a loss for what is causing this.

From what I can tell, the two fields are not replacing the default data with what I've entered in the TBB Settings dialog.

Troubleshooting steps:

-Have cleared out the default data for these fields from the Record Format in Resource Manager.

-Have changed the fields these are linked to clear out the data and then set them back to the desired field.

image.png.ea6486b55ed1e436a6a983d8987972d6.png

Thanks for all assistance.

7 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

When I go into the layout mode there is only one object in each space. I also moved the existing box, created a new text object and linked to the same field and I get the same result. (Original box moved to the left, newly created box on the right)

image.thumb.png.5513f59eeae7c24f31bad22032ccfb59.png

Edited by sinukai
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @sinukai,

Thanks for the test file. Actually, the problem here is that you have 2 TBBs on this sheet layer and what you see as overlapping text is the data from the second TBB. I suppose that you have this added by mistake so you can just delete it.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov