Lost walls, all slabs, and roof in all rendering modes

This scares me. I was refreshing my set of drawings and every viewport that was rendered had no walls, not all slabs, or roofs. I had a veriety of modes depending on the views (Shaded, Realistic Exterior Fast, and a custom one for quicker but really good interiors). All classes and layers were as they were supposet to be. I opened a backup file and the same thing happened. Finally I closed VW and reopened it and so far things seem back to normal. This is really disconcerting. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

VW Design Suite 2024 Update 2.1 (Build 735486)

Mac Studio, Apple M1 Ultra, 128 GB memory, Ventura 13.6.3 / Mac Studio DisplayScreenshot2024-01-02at2_47_35PM.thumb.png.7096546addd1bdbf86ea1793df560df2.pngScreenshot2024-01-02at2_47_52PM.png.8c9f549e4c7323fd5d0dbe49e7f6eaa8.png

I'm not sure this will help but we lost all our walls yesterday in 1 file only. (Not slabs and roofs tho) Turned out in View/class and layer options/ somehow the final settings had reverted to "active only" (not as it should be show snap modify others. BUT we did have to shut the programme and file down for the issue to be rectified. This was directed by VW tech support in the States. Ally Wood. She was very helpful. This was tested in 2 files and corrected both times

Posted (edited)

Thanks! Shutting down Vectorworks and restarting again seemed to have fixed everything. I will keep this in mind if it ever happens again. I think it was a software problem because when I started opening back-up files trying to find one that was not affected , they all were affected. That is when I really got scared (it is a pretty complicated file).

I forgot to mention yesterday, but the wireframe view of the same viewports had all of the elements, it was just any rendred view that was displaying this behavior.

Edited by Dick Jenkins

Good morning,

Now I am experienciing random walls disappearing (different file). Sometimes it will occur when doing something simple like checking a component in the OI Pallet (not changing anything but just looking at it). Sometimes when refreshing a wall will be gone. I am doing several building section cuts to show reviewers where windows are in relation to the neighbors, and in several of these cuts the walls in section (as well as roof parts)just disappear. 

The strange part is they are still there in plan view, just not in 3D or elevation views. Also the windows in this walls do not disappear.

When I opened the files this morning the walls are back, but they didn't necessarily reappear yesterday when I closed and reopened.  Is this something anyone else has experienced. I sometimes feel like I'm on pins and needles waiting for something else to happen.

I double checked all the classes and visibilities of the components as well as the total wall. I checked viewport classes and layers, render settings, etc. I double checked the textures because in plan view everything is there, but periodically gone in all the render modes. Then they suddenly reappear.

Restarting VW and the computer did the trick for bring back the parts in the file I started the topic with. But not with the latest issue. It is just random.

• 2 months later...

I just had the same problem, and went through the advice suggested above, with no luck. Then went into the 'edit wall style' dialogue of affected walls and that seemed to reset the issue. Nothing was changed in the wall style, but the wall styles all refreshed when OK was selected on exit.

• Like 1