Set 3D view options

Help.

I have a file I've been working on for years.

It's been saved as into different versions for a long time.

When I use to the tool "Set 3D view" to look at something my view is not what I'm expecting.

For example. If I make a new drawing and create  a wall, and I Set 3D view, and draw a line 10' away with 6' viewer, and look to at 6' I am essentially looking straight at the wall.

In this particular file when I set 3D view to 6' and look to 6' and draw a straight line, but it creates this window instead of a 3D environment, and I have to pull the edges of this window to get it where I'm expecting, and it never has the right perspective.

I can't figure out where to change this 3D view settings.

I tired searching for "Set 3D view options" but VW help is f'ing useless as it gives me 1700 results with everything that has the word SET and VIEW in it.

On 12/29/2023 at 2:51 PM, Mickey said:

How did that get checked?

Long ago it was checked by default. A guess - Perhaps in your version to version up-saving the file vwx “remembered” and switched to the default setting. Especially suspect would be one or other of these past few versions defining certain features as legacy (phase out).  

-B