Providing existing and proposed site model elevations

Rebecca R

Hello,
There is the "terrain section" command (I don't know its name in the US versions), it generates a profile with the existing and the proposed.
A very basic command that it would be nice to update as already requested several times in the WishLists, but hey it's a base to work on.

image.thumb.png.06303daa6f91d1c27fd2966a60d45c85.png

image.png.6db945907cbd17e6a306891dcee6a5e9.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nico_be said:

Hello,
There is the "terrain section" command (I don't know its name in the US versions), it generates a profile with the existing and the proposed.
A very basic command that it would be nice to update as already requested several times in the WishLists, but hey it's a base to work on.

image.thumb.png.06303daa6f91d1c27fd2966a60d45c85.png

image.png.6db945907cbd17e6a306891dcee6a5e9.png

Hi @Nico_be, thank you very much for responding.  Yes, the terrain section function is useful, but I'm looking for a means of annotating a top/plan drawing - I've been doing some research and I think perhaps datatags might be the answer but think I might have to build my own... Wish me luck!

Edited by Rebecca R
  • Like 1

I just did this: Use the Stake-tool in mode Set elev to site model and Proposed, and place it on the required place in your drawing. And use a class for your Proposed Stake/Elevation objects. Make another class for Existing and place new stakes at the same point (or copy/paste the proposed ones) and change it to read from Existing in OIP. Then you can have different graphic attributes on your classes, or font styles for Proposed and Existing to separate the two settings. For example like below where blue are Proposed and beige/brown are Existing

image.thumb.png.85baf7b35d620222f9fd06150f563c31.png

• Like 3
1 hour ago, kwik said:

I just did this: Use the Stake-tool in mode Set elev to site model and Proposed, and place it on the required place in your drawing. And use a class for your Proposed Stake/Elevation objects. Make another class for Existing and place new stakes at the same point (or copy/paste the proposed ones) and change it to read from Existing in OIP. Then you can have different graphic attributes on your classes, or font styles for Proposed and Existing to separate the two settings. For example like below where blue are Proposed and beige/brown are Existing

image.thumb.png.85baf7b35d620222f9fd06150f563c31.png

Hi @kwik, great to have a visual example like this, thanks.  I'll have a go with data tags as I'd like to be able to do it all with one click, but if it doesn't work, I'll do something like you suggest for sure.

• Like 1