Magnet restrictions

Hi Everyone,

I've made a base plate truss symbol with a magnet. At the moment any type and shape of truss can connect to it. How do I adapt it to only allowing Prolyte 30V truss to it? In the same way you can't connect trusses to each other that aren't the same type. 

Added is the baseplate I've made

thanks a lot,

Peter

baseplate experiment.vwx

Edited by Peter Telleman

@markdd

Thanks a lot again. But I'm going one step further now, is it also possible to have triangle an square truss connect to the right spot on a baseplate?? so have two magnets on a plate to connect those two types?? I get that I could just make one for square and one for triangular, but it would actually be nice to be able to have both connect to the same baseplate 🙂

By the way, once I add the second trusstype to the "connectable with" field, the magnet turns 90 degrees, I can probably re-arrange this in 3D edit, but I wonder why it does that.

Edited by Peter Telleman

You can't unless you can manage to specify particular "genders" for each connecting Truss Object. Then you can specify in the Magent what the magnet connects to. This is a hack though and the Truss Tools are not really designed to do this. You would be better off making two Symbols and using the correct one for each particular Truss that it connects to.

If you are worried about inventory counts, then you can set up a worksheet to count by Truss name as opposed to Symbol name.

• Like 1