Title Block Border Drawing Stamp missing

TTEC72

Hi,

We are having some issues with the drawing stamp in the Title Block Border not showing up. If I try to edit the TBB, I can see the sample text in the right place, however, it does not show up when exiting editing mode. Also, if I just select the TBB, the components of the TBB are normally outlined, in this instance the affected drawing stamp is out of line with its supposed location, this TBB does not work;

image.png.126db3d2aee307bbf19c448031ad0560.png

This TBB works;

image.thumb.png.18e6d2800bef881e0e57603b0064e05a.png

The drawing stamp text should be directly above the drawing title in the centre of the black bar, as shown in the second image. The first image shows the outline offset to the right, not sure if this is causing the issue.

Hope you can help.

Tony

When I reported a problem with drawing stamps not being in the "correct" location I got the following response:

This is Working as Designed. In both the TBB instance and the TBB Style you have Display Drawing Stamp selected. With this option selected, the drawing stamp text will get automatically created at the set position, if it is not found in the layout. In order to get rid of the text you have to deselect Display drawing stamp and optionally enter the layout and delete the text object too if you do not want to see it in the layout. Note that you will have to deselect Display drawing stamp in the style too, as the TBB graphics are by style and the TBB instance is using the same layout as the style.

So check both the instance and the Style and make sure the drawing stamp is where you want it to be.

HTH

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Apologies, the quoted text doesn't make much sense, could you link the original post? I thought the option for instance or style was there to force a standard or allow the user to add their own details, see my TBB settings;

image.png.5046686ac0b5b65a02eba8be6eed1075.png

I have set instances (to allow user input) for drawing stamp toggle, stamp text, custom text, use all capitals, append date, date and stamp angle. I have set style for all the other items to prevent users editing in the TBB settings. This box from the faulty TBB is identical to the working TBB. I have accessed this from the context menu, then 'edit plugin style' not using 'edit', as that allows lesser access.

Apologies if I'm being a bit thick, not sure how this has gone wrong or how to fix it.

Tony

It was not a forum post. It was a direct bug report. So I don't have an easy way to post it.

Try this:

Turn off Display Data Stamp in the instance

Edit the Style

Turn off Display Data Stamp in the Style.

Edit the Layout a delete the text that is linked to the Data Stamp

Exit the Style.

Edit the Style.

Turn on Display Data Stamp

Edit the Layout.

Move the Data Stamp text to where you want it to be.

Edit the Style.

Fingers Crossed.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @TTEC72,

Can you share a test file showing the issue?

From the screenshots I see that you have Display Drawing Stamp deselected in your TBB. This means that even if the stamp is in the layout it will not be drawn once you exit. Make sure that this option is selected if you want to see the drawing stamp. As for text alignment and positioning, you should be able to edit the layout and align and position the stamp text in any way you like.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov