Possible Bug - Rack Equipment Item / Room Layout Data Broken

btgroves

When using the new Rack Elevation tools I placed my racks before laying out a room, I created a rack elevation, then use "layout room" around these racks, after doing this all my equipment item associations with that rack frame where broken and I had to re-build the rack elevation again.  It seems this forces all the equipment on the Front and Rear of the rack onto the CC-Equipment-NonRack class breaking all these associations.

Is this behavior normal?  In 2024 do layout rooms HAVE to be done first?

As you can imagine this was quite frustrating having to re-do this work especially with no more 2D tools and only using temporary 2D views.

As a point of feedback, the temporary 2D views seem quite cumbersome for rack elevation building, especially when these are per rack frame, is there a way this could be streamlined to edit multiple rack frames in the same area simultaneously?

Edited by btgroves

I can reproduce this. I create some 3D Racks and add some equipment items:

image.png.3d52192d899eb700412cd482145506d0.png

The rack equipment identifies as being in the rack, in a given slot. I draw a layout room around them (on the layer plane). The equipment has moved to the non-rack class and no longer reports as being in the rack.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@btgroves thanks for the feedback and thanks @spettitt for reporting the bug in our system!

12 hours ago, btgroves said:

As a point of feedback, the temporary 2D views seem quite cumbersome for rack elevation building, especially when these are per rack frame, is there a way this could be streamlined to edit multiple rack frames in the same area simultaneously?

- Can you make a screen recording showing your workflow with this? You should be able to do this either with the automatically generated views or you can make some adjustments to make them work for you.