Files has disappeared from my Vectorworks Cloud folder

Kaare Baekgaard

Question

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Kaare Baekgaard,

Files disappearing for no reason is scary, so I asked our engineers to look at your usage logs to see if they found something wrong. According to the logs, a lot of files and folders were deleted from the web portal today around 12:25 UTC. The deletion requests were made simultaneously and all the deleted items were from the root folder. It looks like you (or someone who may have come into your account possession) selected many (or maybe all) the files/folders in the root folder, and deleted them. Do you recall doing anything on cloud.vectorworks.net?

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

• Like 2
14 hours ago, inikolova said:

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

Thanks Iskra, I must be getting old - and I feel somewhat embarrassed for the inconvenience. Turns out I deleted the files in both instances and forgot. As with most macs, my flash drive is too small, and I need the space. When I tried to restore the folder, my drive maxed out and I had to redelete the files, but I do have a backup.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Kaare Baekgaard,

In the Cloud Services Desktop app settings, there is an option to select items to sync. This allows you to keep all your files online only and select only items that you are currently working with to sync to your local hard drive.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 2.05.15 PM.png

I am glad you were able to recover your files.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

• Like 2