Fit wall to object strange behaviour

Marshallae

Question

Hi all,

I'm doing a garden design at the moment and have modelled the house in the garden for situational context.  I've been using the 'fit wall to object' tool to get walls to reach up to the eaves of the roof. Mostly this has been working fine, but there is a chimney breast which is exhibiting strange behaviour, where each of the walls (3 sides) all only fit on one side of the shape, leaving me with 3 triangles - picture below should make it easier to see what is happening.

Not sure how to resolve this to make the walls fit the roof properly like they do elsewhere. Any tips?

Wall to roof error.png

2 answers to this question

The Fit Walls to Objects command doesn't always give desired results albeit not generally as extreme as this... However I would run Delete Wall Peaks to get the Walls back to how they were then use the Edit Wall Tool to reshape them manually (double click on Walls to activate Edit Wall or find it in Building Shell tool set).