Insert Rebar into wall

Can you explain a bit more about what it is you're looking to achieve? If this is rebar in a reinforced concrete wall is it that you want to see it represented in Top/Plan i.e. in horizontal section? Or is it that you want to report on it? If the former you could do it with a Tile Fill. If the latter you can use a reinforced concrete Material which comprises a concrete Material + a rebar Material + you can report quantities of both.

Or do you mean you want to resin lengths of rebar into the side of a wall in order to cast concrete up against it, and literally want to insert rebar symbols into the wall so that they are represented in the model?

Ok here it is.  I had a Job lined out and when I went to close it the guy said I think we want stucco (in New England)Uggghhh.  So we went from SRW to Stucco.  I modified the plan to reflect a wall with footing below the frost line...I'm just looking to get a square foot estimate at this point.  If the client decides to go with it we will have sepcs done by an engineer if the client so chooses.  I just need to get this guy some info so he can estimate it so I can get the client a number.   So maybe I don't need to put it in the wall but need to give the guy something to put a number on. 

There are multiple options for reporting on the area or volume of a Wall or individual Wall components. If you use Materials you can report on Material areas/volumes.

So either create a unique RC Wall Style, a unique RC Concrete Wall component or a unique RC Material, then you will have something to report on in a worksheet. Or just put the relevant Walls in their own dedicated class.

• Like 1