Window above layer cut plane not working as expected

heavy manners

Question

Hello everyone. I have a problem with placing a window above the layer cut plane and how it is displayed. Attached are images and a file of an example that I pulled from a real project.

The red window is made using the American Window tool, and the blue one using the custom menuiserie extérieure add-on for the French version. They are both placed 3050 mm above the layer level, and the layer cut level is set at 1000 mm. The US window (red) is displayed despite it being above the cut plane, while the French window (blue) is hidden as it should but it also hides the window below it with the filling of the wall.

I really hope that I will not have to split the wall vertically and put them on different layers to ensure their proper display in plan. I've had similar problems in other projects as well and I just cannot believe that this is just standard behaviour from a professional software like this, so I'm reaching out to this very nice community for help.

Any tips welcome, thank you so much in advance!

I'm using the French version of Vectorworks 2024 Update 1.1 (Build 724920).

Capture d’écran 2023-11-07 à 13.11.57.png

Capture d’écran 2023-11-07 à 13.12.06.png

Sans Titre 1.vwx

Edited by heavy manners

2 answers to this question