Vectorworks 2015 - Compatible mac OS (OS 10.13 High Sierra works with 2015?)

Hi All, 

I use Vectorworks 2015 (standalone license). 

Many people are already aware that Vectorworks 2015 (+ other old version) is NOT compatible with Apple Silicon M-Series computers (e.g. M1 and M2) 

Vectorworks 2015 OS system compatibility is NOT clear.

If I visit Vectorworks System Requirements page it says below 

Important note: For Vectorworks 2015, the minimum OS requirement for Macintosh is OS X 10.7.5.

Macintosh: 

Operating System:  
OS X 10.7
OS X 10.8
OS X 10.9
OS X 10.10

Processor:
Intel Core i5 or better

My current Mac Mini(late 2014) is OS 10.11 El Capitan, which has been working FINE! , But for other software requirements, I need to upgrade it to OS 10.13 High Sierra (as minimum) or ideally even higher such as 10.15 Catalina. 

Can anyone have experience? or clarification? 

Thanks, 

I can tell you that I ran VW 2015 on my 27" iMac late 2012 intel core i7 on High Sierra and I did not notice any problems.   I am aware of the VW compatibility chart that says it isn't possible ... but it is.    I am now running VW 2021 on the same machine and OS without issues.  That machine and OS will not run VW 2022.

• Like 1

The chart is a little misleading.  What the chart actually means is that version of VW has been tested and found to work properly with the specific operating system.

If you are using a different operating system, it is possible or even probable that MOST of VW will work. But it is also possible or even probably that there are some aspects of the program that will not work.

If the portions of the program you need work under a later operating system, then there is likely no problem.

But if you really need to ensure proper operation, look into creating a Virtual Machine with an older version of the OS and run VW2015 in that virtual machine. That is the only way I know of to make sure that VW will run properly on a newer machine or OS.

• Like 1