Extrude along path

Stefan B.

Question

Hey,

I cannot for the life of me understand why the last path of the day does not extrude.

image.png.c8ac63ad8cf4e74609560225c4cdf832.png

I have broken it down to it has something to do, when this line gets composed the extrude fails. I have repositioned this line, and I have re-drawn the line. and every time it fails to extrude.

I cannot understand what is going on.

image.png.9fff73d4d0ef61c32727526f600cd552.png

A file of one working path for EAP and one that does not work. IS there someone that can point me in the right direction to get this to work?

EAP-ERROR.vwx

3 answers to this question

As pointed out by bcd, if your path intersects, you will get this message.  But, there are many mysteries to EAP.  I picked up you composed the path.  This can bring along some problems.  One thing you might try and I can't provide an explanation is, select the path, reverse the direction.

I would like to look at it if you can repost in 2022 or lower.  VW 18 is my preference.

15 hours ago, bcd said:

Something to do with intersecting itself too much I think.

If you scale it on the x slightly or change the profile to a circle it works - so I think you just need to tweak it.

The one on the right as a slightly different aspect ration in plan.

@bcd I will give this a go! Thank you!

The strange thing is that the two NURBS are the same except for the lines between the swirls and curls. But I'll spend my time tweeking them until it works. 🤣