Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Controlling Dimension Text Inside a PIO

Sam Jones

Thank you @Pat Stanford and @C. Andrew Dunning for the line style help.  Works like a charm.

I would like to set the text size of a dimension that I create inside a PIO.

I draw the dimension with:

LinearDim(x1, y1-(bayDepth/2), x1-offsetLft, y1-(bayDepth/2), 0, 0, 771, 770, 0 );

I would like to set the size of the text in that dimension object to 2.  I attempted to do this with the following line:
                        SetObjectVariableReal(LNewObj, 17, 2);

Nothing changed.  I can replace the "2" with any value and still nothing changes.  Hopefully there is a way to control the text size of a dimension created in a PIO.

Thoughts ?

Sam

5 minutes ago, Sam Jones said:

I would like to set the size of the text in that dimension object to 2.  I attempted to do this with the following line:
                        SetObjectVariableReal(LNewObj, 17, 2);

Nothing changed.  I can replace the "2" with any value and still nothing changes.  Hopefully there is a way to control the text size of a dimension created in a PIO.

Try TextSize.

3 minutes ago, Sam Jones said:

Not a big concern or rocket science, but I like to avoid the collecting global value, saving value, changing value, do operation, change value back collection of calls.

A thought:  Create a Procedure called "JonesTextPlace.  In it, make all of the text settings you'd like - size, alignment, justification, etc.  Bookend everything w. PushAttrs & PopAttrs.  Doing that will reset values automatically.

• Like 1