gdtf i see the fixture only in 2d

Good evening to all.

i am new to vectorworks and i have a question about importing a light with gdtf library. when i import the light fixture i can't see it in 3d and i only see it in 2d.

In the photo below I have an example with the left one being from the vectorworks library and the right one being gdtf. How can I see it in 3D?

Screenshot 2023-10-12 153750.png

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I noticed that the fixture that you are using in from Robe. Robe updated their GDTF to use the newer glb/gltf for the 3D geometry which is not supported in Vectorworks 2023, it can only read 3ds based geometry.

The best thing to do is to to select a Vectorworks symbol.
With he light selected press the Replace Lighting Device... button in the OIP.
Select the appropriate symbol from the Resource Browser and click Select.
Uncheck the "Use GDTF Geometry" option.

You will still be able to maintain the link to the GDTF and the GDTF file will be exported when you export to MVR but it will show the 2D and 3D geometry from the Vectorworks symbol.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, klinzey said:

I noticed that the fixture that you are using in from Robe. Robe updated their GDTF to use the newer glb/gltf for the 3D geometry which is not supported in Vectorworks 2023, it can only read 3ds based geometry.

The best thing to do is to to select a Vectorworks symbol.
With he light selected press the Replace Lighting Device... button in the OIP.
Select the appropriate symbol from the Resource Browser and click Select.
Uncheck the "Use GDTF Geometry" option.

You will still be able to maintain the link to the GDTF and the GDTF file will be exported when you export to MVR but it will show the 2D and 3D geometry from the Vectorworks symbol.

Great info @klinzey. Any idea when VWX will update their GDTF importer to include the newer glb/gltf types?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...