VW2024 Lights Palette

Tully

Question

Has anyone else had a problem using the lights palette? When I select a viewport and then use the light palette to pick which lights are on or off, all the lights are on when I go back to the viewport. I have also tried this in model space, selecting a light and using the palette to turn it on and off, and nothing changes in the object info palette.

I've been an early adopter of the newest version for years, and while there has always been a bug or two, this year seems to be the worst. 

3 answers to this question

I think there has been buggy behaviour with controlling lights in this way, in previous versions. At some point I started controlling light visibility (in my case usually heliodons) by class, rather than by switching them on/off in viewports via the visualisation palette. I think this was due to that method seeming unreliable.

• Like 1

Thanks line-weight, that for sure works, and is how I used to control my lights. I switched to the palette as it was much faster to adjust my viewports rather than using classes to control the visibility. Just seems there are too many extra steps.

Hopefully they get this working in the next update.