Multiple classes on same worksheet?

oliver.williams

Question

Hello,

Im in VW 2023 windows. I am making a report/worksheet to desplay how many of certain objects exist in a model. I can do spotlight-create report-advanced criteria-choose class then display the class and count in a table. but this only allows display of one class. How do i get a table that shows the count of multiple classes that i choose? e.g i want these two tables in one (see Photo 1). 

I can create a worksheet with all the classes in the model and count desplay by advanced criteria-choose layer. and then make criterias class and count. but this worksheet displays ALL of the classes in the document, and there is many unwanted ones, i just want to display the number of objects in 2 or 3 classes not all of them. When i go to delete a row all the data in the data disappears (see photo 2)

image.png.214964354a9af1fb9567b6e9ee93aa3e.png

image.png.89045257b38a8e1f298688ef0bfb2535.png

4 answers to this question

You need to specify the Classes in the Custom Criteria. ie Any Criteria in this set

Class is ...

Class is ...

You can choose from a list of Classes there.

Remember that Worksheets are not Spreadsheets and you can't delete a row. All the rows are generated by the Criteria section above.

What you are doing in the Criteria section is choosing what objects you would like the Worksheet to display the data from. If you need to narrow the criteria (by attempting to delete a row), then you need to narrow the criteria from the start.

So the Criteria will be as above and then Column A will be =Class and Column B will be =Count

You need to make sure that Column A is set to Summarize and then Column B should return a count of the items.

If you want to add multiple data Base Headers, I.e. another Class later on, then Right-Click on a Clean Row and change it from Spreadsheet to Database and you will then be asked for more criteria.

I think that's clear and I am sure that other folk will add to this.....😀 

• Like 1
On 9/8/2023 at 5:11 PM, markdd said:

You need to specify the Classes in the Custom Criteria. ie Any Criteria in this set

Class is ...

Class is ...

You can choose from a list of Classes there.

Remember that Worksheets are not Spreadsheets and you can't delete a row. All the rows are generated by the Criteria section above.

What you are doing in the Criteria section is choosing what objects you would like the Worksheet to display the data from. If you need to narrow the criteria (by attempting to delete a row), then you need to narrow the criteria from the start.

So the Criteria will be as above and then Column A will be =Class and Column B will be =Count

You need to make sure that Column A is set to Summarize and then Column B should return a count of the items.

If you want to add multiple data Base Headers, I.e. another Class later on, then Right-Click on a Clean Row and change it from Spreadsheet to Database and you will then be asked for more criteria.

I think that's clear and I am sure that other folk will add to this.....😀 

Very useful, thanks this has worked for what I need it for!! 

Another question though to do with this, im pretty sure if i do this it will count items from every design layer. how do i choose only one design layer for these rules to apply to. So if i want to count the number of objects in just one design layer, not the amount of items in a class in the hole document??