General lighting settings washing out textures in vectorworks (but renders fine in Enscape!)

rmorris6

Question

Hi all,

Having an issue with lighting which I could do with some help on.  I have an older version of the file I'm working on as I re-started a new file and copied bits into a new file to try to fix a wall problem.  But I notice that in the old file the general lighting settings are much better and finishes show just fine and this is un-affected by whether I turn point lights on or off. I'm attaching screenshots, one from the original file and one from the new one. Could it be a heliodon light issue? (I don't know much about this and can't find a heliodon light in the file but maybe it's hiding somewhere.   I can't think of anything I did differently but a fresh new file had bright lighting settings!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Elevation latest model.jpg

Elevation previous model.jpg

4 answers to this question

Have just answered my own question by comparing both files Document Settings. Maybe this will help someone else with a similar issue - I had to tick 'limit Shaded Render mode to 8 lights' in the Document Settings>Display box to get the brightness to knock back to show finishes. 

I should also admit that this is probably not the most sensible way to deal with it and that I should sort out the number of lights which I have in the model - there are many because I struggle with getting a halo illumination effect with the linear light/object light tools, nor with the glow textures, so I draw many point lights in a row, and this makes it difficult to edit lights quickly.  So if anyone else is experiencing this the above is a short term solution.  If anyone has any ideas how to achieve the best halo illumination effect without using lots of point lights I'd be interested to know.  Thanks!