Site Modifier issue with proposed and existing contours

Erikah

Question

Hi all,

I'm struggling to get proposed contours as site modifiers working properly without responding to parts of the existing contours. I have an existing site model which looks right and  proposed contours as 3D polygons on class 'site-DTM-modifier' as shown in the screenshot. The terraces are 3m high and the contours are at 1m intervals. The issue is that for some reason when I apply the proposed contours as a site modifier on the DTM-modifier class to the existing site model the top of the terraces is dropping back down to meet the existing contour when it should be near flat. As the purpose of this project is find out the cut and fill for the terraces I'm a bit stuck - would really appreciate some help!

I have been able to make a separate proposed model that looks fine (see screenshot) by composing the proposed contours with sections of existing contour that will remain but as I need to calculate the cut and fill this doesn't help - but it does show what it is supposed to look like!

Existing site model looks fine.png

Messed up proposed model.png

proposed black existing red.png

Proposed site model.png

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 4.42.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 4.42.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 5.52.22 PM.png

2 answers to this question

You almost have it.  Couple comments:

I think the contours added in the Site . . . Class are acting as expected. They are connecting to nearest points around them. A grade limits object around the whole site might help, but you have a better option at hand in your second site model (DTM#2) . . .

• Copy the set of contours used to form your successful DTM#2
  • select your DTM #1 and in OIP click the option to Edit the Proposed Contours.
  • in the edit pane, select all and delete everything
  • Paste in Place your contours from DTM#2
  • exit the edit and update the DTM 
  • verify by switching to/from existing view and proposed. 

post back as needed

-B

Oh yeah, forgot to mention  - in that second idea, do not place any modified contours in the Site class. Delete those modified contours which were added to the Site Class in your 1st tests , or at least remove them from the Site class. Also the 3d polys pasted into the site model Edit Proposed Contours screen should NOT be placed in the Site class. Class them as you would normally class your contours. 

-B