Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Check if Objects are Tagged

Hello,

We use Data Tags to represent information associated with our low-voltage back boxes.  Each back box is a symbol with a record and we have a report that displays all of the record information.  However, aside from the report, it's critical to our workflow that each back box is tagged on the floor plan and for a riser diagram.

My goal would be to have a script that I can report if each back box is tagged with the floor plan tag and the riser tag, simply reporting as True or False under each column would be very helpful.

I've tried searching through the forum and putting a few things together, but so far, I have not had much luck.

Any ideas would be helpful.  Thank you!

I found DT_AssociateWithObj and built my own Marionette node that will show a True result when I name both the back box and the tag, but I have not been able to get much beyond that so far.  I want to be able to check based on the data tag style, and while it sounds simple, it's proving to be a challenge, at least for me.

image (7).png

For some better visual reference, we have:

1. The 3D Back Box object with a record.
  2. The back box schedule that reports the info from the record
  3. A Data Tag that gets moved to a different layer and reports data from the record to create the riser diagram.  That keeps everything in sync.
  4. A Data Tag that goes on the plans as a viewport annotation that shows the physical location of the box and other record information.

We lack a way to validate that all of the boxes are tagged twice, which is critical to our workflow and the communication of this information.  We can have over 100 back boxes on a project, so validating this info manually (and hoping the client doesn't change anything) is difficult.

image (8).png

image (9).png

image (10).png

The easiest way to do this will probably be an Auditing worksheet with a couple of worksheet scripts to check for the appropriate style of data tag being attached to the boxes.

I will try and give you the outline of the worksheet script tomorrow.

Can you post a file with a sample of a couple of your boxes and the two different types of data tags?

• Marionette Maven

Here's a quick pair of Marionette scripts that may help

The top one looks for objects associated with existing data tags

The bottom one checks symbols in the document to see if they're associated with objects, and returns the object type.

Your file only had objects with Data Tags associated, so I'm unsure how it would behave with other objects, but it should at least point you in the right direction.

I used User Function nodes instead of hardcoding new nodes, but you can see what functions I used in the OIP of those nodes.

Check if Objects at Tagged_MFarrell.vwx

• Like 1

Marissa,

I looked at this file, and it's a helpful start!  Even though I have tried a few things with Marionette, I think what I'll need to do in the end is a worksheet script of some kind that Pat mentioned.  It would be ideal to see the results in that format.

Frankly, I'm unsure how to get from Marionette to something I can use as a worksheet script.

Thank you both for your help so far!