Vertical Component

peterp

I'm currently working on a project and I've encountered a bit of a hurdle. I have an image attached where I need to add timber battens and regupol vertically inside the glasswool. I'm not entirely sure how to go about this in Vectorworks as I'm pretty new. Has anyone had experience with this or can guide me through the process? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Capture.PNG

Yes are you saying you are seeking to represent the battens/regupol in 3D within the context of a Slab object? Or want to add it in afterwards in your section viewport annotations? And/or you want to include it as data within the Slab component so you can report on it? Or this is a 2D-only file + you just want to know the easiest way to draw repeating elements?

I personally would not need to show the battens/regupol in the 3D model as there are unlikely to be any views where you'd see it. So I would create a glasswool Material, a regupol Material + a timber batten Material then combine all three into a single Compound Material + assign this to the relevant Slab component so I knew exactly what the construction was (product info as per your legend) + could report quantities + label it with Data Tags in viewports. So in the model it would just look like solid glass wool but in reality (as far as the data was concerned) it would actually be glasswool, battens + regupol at the proportions specified in the Compound Material. Materials are excellent for baking this info into your model as you input the data once (when you initially create the Material) then it gets spread around the whole model wherever you assign that Material to a Wall/Slab/Roof/Hardscape/Landscape Area component.

Then if I wanted to see the battens/regupol in section VPs I would either draw them in manually in the annotations space using a 2D symbol + the Repetitive Unit Tool or include them in the mineral wool Tile Fill, although this way you have little control over the positioning of the battens in the VP so might get half a batten at the edge which wouldn't look great (but is fun to try out anyway 🙂).

• Like 3