fix annotations to crop object in Detail Viewports

thomas dine

Question

I wonder if anyone can help with a quick question please?

I have lots of Detail Viewports set up on my sheet layers, all from the same design layer.

This means I can re-arrange the drawings on the design layer and the viewports remain fine

EXCEPT the annotations stay where they were, far away from the viewport crop.  Is there any way to fix the annotations to the crop object please?

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Thomas,

I don't think there is a way to do that. The only objects that follow where the drawing is in annotations are objects that are assigned to a specific object type. For example, Data tags that are used in annotations will follow moved objects with their leader lines. If objects used on the annotations layer are not assigned to any objects within the viewport they will stay on the coordinate that they were created on. 

@thomas dine This sounds like a good idea to add to the Wishlist forum.  However, I think we wouldn't want the annotations registered to the crop object, because that would mean if you modified the crop slightly, all the annotations would move with the crop.  What we really want is the annotations to be registered to the underlying DL objects, similar to the way @Domas mentioned that Data Tags are, or am I missing something?

Edited by E|FA